Skip to main content


Submitting Transcripts

Newly Admitted Students – Official transcripts and documents must be submitted by the deadlines outlined in your Conditions of Admission and in your CalCentral tasks list. You should request transcripts from your high school before your school closes for the summer. You must also request official transcripts from any college you have attended and submit them before the deadline.

For more information and instructions for submission of transcripts and other documents, please visit the Office of Undergraduate Admissions website.


Continuing Students – If you completed transfer courses while attending Berkeley, please visit the Central Evaluation Unit website for instructions on submitting transcripts.


Note: International students can only request one copy of an official transcript and can request to have the transcript returned after processing. You can do this by notifying the Cal Student Central adviser you are working with or open a case to request the original transcript be returned.

Obtaining Transcripts

There are several options for obtaining an official transcript:

  • Current students should order official transcripts via CalCentral, My Academics under Academic Records.
  • Visit Cal Student Central in 120 Sproul Hall to pick up official transcripts (limit nine copies per day). Be sure to bring your photo ID.
  • Alumni, former students, and summer-only students can order official transcripts via Parchment.
  • PDF Transcripts for current and former students can be ordered via Parchment.

The Academic Summary from CalCentral My Academics can act as an “unofficial transcript” for current students and recent graduates. This option is only available to students with active CalCentral access.

The University does not charge for transcripts. However, there is a special processing fee of $10 (plus shipping) if you want them sent express or need us to enclose a form with your transcripts. If you request transcripts online via Parchment, our partner vendor Credentials Solutions charges a $1.90 processing fee per online order, and a $2.30 first-class mailing fee per transcript. For more details, please refer to the Pricing and Payment section of the order form.

Once the transcript department receives your request and authorization letter, it will take three to five days for the transcript to be mailed out. Express mail and special processing will go out the next business day. Please allow time for the transcript department to process the online request.

If you’d like another person to pick up your transcript, you will have to write a signed letter of authorization with the name of the person who will be picking up the official transcript with a photocopy of your ID on the authorization letter. Also, you will have to write a signed letter of authorization with the name of the person who will be picking up the official transcript with a photocopy of your ID on the authorization letter. We will be asking for a photo ID from the person picking up the transcript.

For more information about ordering transcripts, please see Registrar’s Transcripts & Diplomas.

Viewing Exam Results and Transfer Credit Reports

There are two reports (‘Exam Results’ and ‘Transfer Credit Report’) you can use to review scores and transfer credit. They are both available under “My Academics” in CalCentral.

Exam Results – displays scores for SAT, ACT, AP, IB, A-levels, AWPE, as well as L&S exams for Foreign Language and Quantitative Reasoning. Located under Academic Records.

Transfer Credit Report – displays exams and courses awarded for transfer credit. Located under Transfer Credit.

Note: Links to these reports do not appear until we have posted at least one score, or exam/transfer course credit.

The time it takes for transfer credit to post differs based on the student submitting.

Learn More

How to Read Exam Results
How to Read Transfer Credit Report

Continuing students who submit transfer credit during their Berkeley career should expect posting of credit within two to four weeks once the transcript is received by UC Berkeley, and is scanned in our student system.

If you are a continuing student with a current Expected Graduation Term (EGT), or with an EGT for the immediate term following, you can expect transfer credit to be posted within one to two business days of receipt and scanning.

Non-graduating, continuing students may request an expedited posting for time-sensitive concerns (i.e., scholarship requirement, academic hold) by opening a CSC case under Office of the Registrar > Transfer Credit. Such requests are processed within one to two business days for scanning.

If you are a newly admitted student, your exam scores and transfer credit will be posted throughout the Initial Transfer Credit Review. For more information, see the Central Evaluation Unit website.

Transcript Review and Transfer of Credits

Cal Student Central does not review transcripts. This is handled by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, the Central Evaluation Unit, college evaluators, and occasionally major advisers.

Visit to obtain information on all requirements.

Note: UC Berkeley cannot evaluate your courses until 1) you are admitted and 2) we see your transcripts.

Learn More
Course Evaluation

Verification of Enrollment/Degrees

For proof of your enrollment and/or graduation, you can request an Enrollment Verification from your CalCentral My Academics under Academic Records or complete a Request for Verification of Attendance and Degrees.

Academic Progress Report (APR)

The Academic Progress Report or APR is a report used by multiple levels of the University responsible for assigning the requirements you need to complete to earn your bachelor’s degree. You can use this to track your degree progress. including your current term coursework. This tool is located on your CalCentral “My Academics” under Degree Requirements.

Learn More

Degree Requirements
Academic Progress Report

How to Fix an Error

The first step is to take a look at the heading above where the error appears in the APR to identify the unit responsible for assigning the requirement(s). These headings appear in a grey box, are written in all caps, and have an arrow to the left that you can use to expand or collapse the requirements assigned by that unit. Once you have confirmed the heading, use the chart below to identify where to report the error:

APR Heading Where to Report
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA AND BERKELEY CAMPUS REQUIREMENTS Open a CSC case under Office of the Registrar > Transfer Credit; the Credit Evaluation Unit will investigate
College of Environmental Design
College of Letters and Science
Rausser College of Natural Resources
BA (Or) BS
Your major department adviser
<TITLE OF YOUR MINOR> MINOR Your minor department adviser


Occasionally students decide to discontinue their studies at Berkeley for a period of time after beginning a semester. This is called a withdrawal. Students withdraw for many reasons: to work, recover from an illness, attend to personal business, or find their true academic direction.

If you’d like to return to campus, you must apply for readmission. Note: There is no time limit for when you can return.

To be eligible for readmission, you must:

  1. Clear all holds
  2. Complete the Readmission Application
  3. Attach a $70 check to your application (EOP students may request a waiver from the EOP office)
  4. Include official transcripts for any coursework completed during your leave of absence
  5. Submit application, check, and transcripts to your college/school by the deadline

Readmission Deadlines:

  • Fall: June 1
  • Spring: November 1