New Students

Congratulations on your admission to UC Berkeley!

As a newly admitted undergraduate student, you may have questions about all the things you’ll need to do in order to be ready to come to campus. CalCentral is UC Berkeley’s online campus experience. This website combines multiple campus systems into one easy-to-use mobile friendly place. Check campus email, calendar, academic progress, financial aid, enrollment information, and more.

Here are some common questions students have when they are first admitted to Berkeley:


When are my tuition and fees due?

Tuition and registration fees are due the Friday prior to the start of classes. Please visit for information on the Cancel for Non-Payment Policy. Use our easy online payment options available through CalCentral. You can also enroll in the Fee Payment Plan and pay your first installment through CalCentral. For more information on the Fee Payment Plan or submitting payments, visit:


Can my parent or caregiver make a tuition payment on my behalf?

Those who plan to make online payments toward student accounts must be granted delegate access through CalCentral by the student. Please visit for information on delegate access.

Payments also can be submitted by check through mail or in person at our drop-box location. Payment information is available on:

How can I check my account balance?

You can view your account balance through your CalCentral account. Log in to CalCentral. Select the “My Finances” tab at the top of the page and “View Account Details.” There, you can see your fees due now, charges not yet due, and your overall account balance. To view more account information, next to “Filter,” select the drop-down option to view “All Transactions.”


How do I find out what my Student ID is?

Your student ID is located on the CalCentral profile page.  Click on your name in the top right corner. Select “Profile” to view your assigned ten-digit student ID number.


How do I create my CalNet ID?

Create your CalNet ID in CalCentral.


Can I accept admission to more than one UC campus? 

No, you may only accept admission to one UC campus, even if you have been accepted to multiple campuses. 


What should I do if I have not or will not meet my Conditions of Admission?

Each admitted student will see their own Conditions of Admission explaining exactly what official documents Berkeley requires. It is very important that you read and understand this. If you have not or will not meet your Conditions of Admission (available on CalCentral), then you must immediately contact your assigned admissions officer. Contact information for your admissions officer can be found on your Conditions of Admission. 


What should I do if I have questions about financial aid? 

You may receive a message in CalCentral about your current financial aid status. Log in to CalCentral. At the top of the page, select “My Finances.” Below “Financial Aid and Scholarships,” select “View Awards.” This will provide you with all of your financial aid information for the academic year. You can view the “Task” section for additional documents you may be required to submit. Please visit the Financial Aid & Scholarships website to learn more. If you have additional questions, please contact Cal Student Central.


When should I request official transcripts? 

Official transcripts and documents must be submitted by the deadlines outlined in your Conditions of Admission and in your CalCentral task list. You should request transcripts from your high school before your school closes for the summer. You must also request official transcripts from any college you have attended and submit them before the deadline. 


What types of financial aid am I eligible for under the California Dream Act, and how do I apply? 

Visit the Financial Aid & Scholarships website for more information. 


What documentation do I need to submit if I’m an international student? 

As an international student, you will need to submit the Non-Immigrant Information Form (NIF) and send appropriate documentation that are required and requested by the Berkeley International Office

If you have any questions, please consult directly with Berkeley International Office.