What do I do if I plan to withdraw from UC Berkeley?

Occasionally students decide to discontinue their studies at Berkeley for a period of time (e.g. for a particular semester after that semester has begun). This is called a withdrawal. Students withdraw for many reasons: to work, travel, recover from an illness, attend to personal business, or find their true academic direction.

What should I do if have not/will not meet my Conditions of Admission?

Each admitted student will see their own Conditions of Admission explaining exactly what official documents Berkeley requires on CalCentralIf you have not or will not meet your Conditions of Admission, then you must immediately contact your assigned admissions officer.

How do I establish a preferred name?

UC Berkeley recognizes that some students prefer to use first names other than their legal names to identify themselves. As long as the use of this preferred name is not for the purposes of misrepresentation, the University acknowledges that a “preferred name” may be used where possible on certain University records.

Therefore, beginning spring 2014, students may designate a preferred name to be used when possible in the course of University business and education.

How can I find the status of my residency determination and/or submit documents?


  • To upload documents, choose "My Documents." 
  • To find official correspondence from the Residence Affairs Unit, go to "My Letters."

Where can I find information about residency?

Now you can submit your documents, check your status, view your letters, customize your content. All in one place!

Go to to view requirements and upload any pertinent documents.

You have the option to email the Residency Office at or visit us during drop-in hours at Cal Student Central in 120 Sproul Hall:

How can I find out if my credits will transfer?

Cal Student Central does not review transcripts. This is handled by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

Will I be dropped from my classes if I'm not registered?

No. However, if you are not registered by the first day of classes, you will not be able to pick up your Class Pass sticker, check out books from the library, go to the Recreational Sports Facility (RSF), or access other services only available to registered students. We encourage you to become officially registered as soon as possible.

How do I get proof of my graduation?

Complete a Request for Verification of Attendance and Degrees and mail it to us at:
Cal Student Central

University of California
120 Sproul Hall
Berkeley, CA 94720


Subscribe to RSS - registration