Welcome parents and caregivers! The following is a list of resources designed to help you provide support to your college student. 


I would like to discuss my student's financial information with UC Berkeley staff. How does my student grant me access to do this? 
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that protects the privacy of student records and prohibits University staff from disclosing certain information to parents or other individuals without the permission of the student. Students may grant access to parents, guardians or spouses to talk with our staff in person, by telephone, or by email about their financial aid by granting them FERPA access on CalCentral under "Profile." This is where the student can delegate access to you. Watch this video or follow this step-by-step guide on how to get started.


I would like to learn more about and/or apply for the Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan.
Parent Plus Loans are federal loans that parents or caregivers of dependent undergraduate students can use to help pay for college and can be used to cover educational expenses that aren't covered by other forms of financial aid. You and your student need to meet certain eligibility requirements to qualify. Learn more about Parent PLUS Loans


I will be making payments on my student's behalf. How does my student grant me access to do this? 
If you will be involved in making payments to UC Berkeley on your student's behalf, the first thing your student should do is give you delegate access via CalCentral.


I'm a parent and I pay my child's tuition and fees. If he/she receives a refund, why does my child receive it instead of me?

All refunds are issued directly to the student’s account in CalCentral unless it is a Parent PLUS Loan. Parent PLUS Loans will be paid directly to the borrower unless the request on the initial loan application states to pay directly to the student.