Why do I need an SAP Appeal?

If you have been flagged as someone who has lost your financial aid eligibility due to not meeting satisfactory academic progress (SAP) requirements, you are not currently meeting one of the three required components of academic progress to be eligible for financial aid:  you may have already been enrolled for more than 5 years, you may have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of less than 2.0 or you may not have earned a sufficient number of units based on the number of years you have been enrolled. You have the option of appealing for a reinstatement of your financial aid or an extension of your financial aid by completing the SAP Appeal form. View the full SAP policy.