What happens to my financial aid if I drop below full time?

Since the amount of your tuition and fees is the same regardless of the number of units you actually enroll in, your overall financial aid package is not based on actual units of enrollment. However, there are some specific awards that are unit-based and are affected if you drop below full-time enrollment. If you have a Cal Grant or a Pell Grant as part of your financial aid package, those specific awards will be reduced to reflect your 3/4-time, 1/2-time, or less-than-half-time enrollment. In some circumstances, other grants may replace the amount that was reduced; in other circumstances, work or loan funds may replace the amount that was reduced. Additionally, you must be enrolled at least half time (6 units) for your loans to disburse (and to maintain your payment deferment status).